1) The last 10 days (minus the weekend) have been pretty rough on all three of us. James has been working crazy hours (night flying week, inspection coming up, volunteered at an orphanage, going into work on the weekends). It's not always this crazy but it just seems like when it rains it pours, you know?
Well, with James working so many hours the last 10 days I have been in single mommy mode again and it's EXHAUSTING. Adalie is usually not a challenging child but when I'm already tired and she doesn't nap it's a bad day for all of us. This has happened 2x this week. God give me strength to get through the weekend! Hoping things will get better after the inspection is over next week.
2) On a lighter note there is a "Dining Out" this weekend. I've never been to one before but from what I understand it's a formal sit down dinner and award ceremony. We have a babysitter for Saturday night and this will be my first adult only outing in 14 days so I am looking forward to dressing up and not hearing "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy" for at least a few hours :)
3) My suitcase is finally unpacked. I can see my floor again and not trip on the way to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
4) I've just finished a new book "The Help" I read it in 3 days! This is the best book I've read to date. PICK ONE UP! You will be hooked from the first chapter. (Grams, I'm mailing you this book).
5) I've found a new yummy, quick, easy weeknight recipe.... especially good if you have a meat aversion like me. I still can't stomach chicken breast, I tried last night but couldn't just ate my salad and veggies.