Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Some of you may not like this....


As some of you may know we have been struggling with the pronunciation of Adalie's name since she was born. James has always been fond of A-duh-lee as the pronunciation where as I have liked A-duh-li more. Well, before her birth we decided to call her A-duh-lee but it seems as if this is a hard pronunciation for people to say and read. When people see her name spelled they most usually think the pronunciation is A-duh-li. When we introduce her as A-duh-lee people get a confused look and say, what? or Natalie? No, no, no it's A-duh-lee is what I am thinking in my head. It's been frustrating.

Well, after much discussion.... more than James would liked to have had :) We have decided to pronounce her name A-duh-li. This pronunciation seems to be easier for people to say and pronounce as it is read. Hopefully, you all will get use to the new pronunciation and grow to love it as we have.

~ The D's

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, It's almost like having a new granddaughter! I hope you all won't fuss at us when we call her by her "previous name"...while we get used to her NEW name! By the way, Aunt Lillian is refusing to call her Ad-i-li, she's actually verbally protesting as I type. I'm sure you'll be hearing a thing or two from her shortly!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

(This is me, Grams, but I can't get on anymore with my old pawsword.) We called Mattie, Caitlin and we called Lily, Masie so we will adjust to Ad-a-li. Of course, you can alwys change her whole name if you want to. Love to all of you.

Anonymous said...

You know I meant password. I'm frustrated because they keep telling me my password is invalid.
Tell me how to fix it again.

Anonymous said...

Meggie Pie and James,
I never noticed different pronunciations Of Adalie's name.
I beleive I pronounce it correctly. If not, I will do better.
Bunches of love to all of you. Neck kisses for our sweeti Adalie,
Greatgrans

Beth said...

I love it either way. This is going to make a great story in her baby book! If Adalie is like the rest of the wonderful women on BOTH sides of her family, she WILL have an opinion.

Anonymous said...

This is a JOKE, right?

Anonymous said...

Ok...maybe I'm just slow (it wouldn't be the first time) but I want to get it right...does the last syllable now rhyme with pie? I'm blaming pregnancy brain for not being able to figure this out!!