Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Little Chunker!



Yesterday we took Adalie to her 2 month check up. She now weighs 9 lbs 10 oz!!! She has almost doubled in size. Dr. Sykes says she is starting to catch up to the expected growth chart and is now in the 12th percentile for weight, a month ago she was in the 3rd.


I am also VERY happy to report that since we have been home from NYC Adalie has slept 7 hours or more for 3 consecutive nights and all in her crib!!! Woo hooo, I am a different person now that I am getting 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I am a better wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend when I don't feel like a zombie.


James and I have moved up to the main floor guest room now that Adalie is sleeping in her nursery. Niether one of us felt comfortable being seperated from her by a whole floor. The room we are now occupying has a queen size bed in it and is sans TV.


At first I was not happy about going from a king size to a queen and doing with out television at night before bed BUT it actually has been nice! Now that we are in the queen with less room between us and Adalie FINALLY out of our bed it provides a more conducive atmosphere for cuddle time :)


Without a television in the bedroom James and I are reading more, James is reading "The Shack" and I am reading "A Marriage Without Regrets" for my bible study. We also are talking more instead of zoning out to our usually news program, CNN's Anderson Cooper 360.


Sorry Anderson, we don't mean to neglect you but our marriage is more important. I think I agree with my friend Claire who told me months ago that a TV in the bedroom is not a good idea. Any one else want to take the no TV in the bedroom challenge? It just might be easier then you think.

4 comments:

Grams said...

I'm so proud of you and James. You have your priorities RIGHT!

Anonymous said...

We're going with no tv in the bedroom once we get settled in LA. It's so much nicer to be able to talk instead of watch tv!! Saw on Teri's blog you guys got dates for Tuscon! Yay! See you tonight!!

Anonymous said...

Meggie Pie,
Great report! Many times we are suprised at what we can do without.
Our Lord's sweet blessings upon your dear family. Give extra kisses to sweet Adalie from her greatgrans
We love you all

Claire Helena said...

Jacq and I were looking at the pic of you, Mattie, Lily and Adalie and we think its the cutest pic ever-it should totally be framed! We love it. See you Sept 7th.